Friday, November 19, 2010

Project 3 Reflection



1. What were your initial goals for the business card?

I wanted to make a business card incorporating my logo that had a very simple design. I planned to use a very subtle background image in order to approve the overall appearance of the card, but I never got to do that as it would be very time consuming.

2. Does the business card you have match the initial goals? Why or why not?

It does, in some ways. As I said before, the whole plan with the background image never went through. The layout is also completely different from the one I originally went with. I had to change it because everything was too squished together. However, for the most part, my goals were fulfilled. I have a background gradient color, my logo, and everything is the same color, save for some words in the slogan.

3. Do you have new goals in mind for the business card? If so, what are these and why are you changing your goals?

If we were still doing the project, I would have liked to get the background image done, which would occupy the bottom right of the card. It would look better and make the card less boring. Everything else I am satisfied with.

4. What design concepts and principles did you originally incorporate into the business card?

As is my usual philosophy, I was trying to create a memorable and simple design with a small amount of shapes and crazy backgrounds and effects. I wanted a stark contrast between the colors of the background and the text itself, and I wanted to make my logo the biggest and most obvious element on the card.

5. Do you want to include new design concepts or principles in your business card? If so, what are they and why do you want to include them?

Well the project is over, but when I was thinking about this, I had to compensate for the lack of time to create a background image, so I came up with the idea of a background color. This color, however, went together a little too well with my logo, so I had to make some changes. I also had to change the text color to create more legible text and the layout had to change too, just because I thought it was really crappy in general.

6. What do you need to make to account for the new design concepts and principles? Sketch your changes below in addition to writing them.

I actually had to go into Photoshop and revise my logo to fit the new color scheme. I changed the colors on my logo in a way I thought would fit the business card better, as well as make the colors stand out more in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment