Thursday, October 21, 2010

Google Logo Reflection


The initial goal of this logo was to show that the new year, 2010, has started. I definitely think that the logo met its goal. If there's any goals I believe could still be met, it would be making the number 2010 a little bit more obvious. The design elements in this are very well done. You can see high contrast between the night sky and the fireworks/clock tower, so it catches your eyes and you don't have to look at it too long to get what the image is trying to portray. There aren't really any other design elements I'd try to incorporate into this, aside from, as I said earlier, making the 2010 more obvious, since it took me a while to notice it. That could probably be achieved by making it glow so it stands out to the eye, and making the shape and texture probably a bit more noticable. To make these changes, I'd darken the outline what is supposed to be the "1" or the "2010", and make it have a soft glow to it. To make it consistent, I'd also have to do the same thing with the first 0, so it doesn't look like one is glowing more than the other for whatever reason. This, I believe, would make the theme of the logo more clear.

1 comment:

  1. I like your insight! You are right the "2010" was a bit trickier to see
    Why do you think the artist did it that way?
    Why did you chose this logo among all the google logos?
    Continue the good wok!

    ReplyDelete